Say hello to our new Cauliflower Power pizza! Quite possibly our most powerful pizza yet, this Seasonal Special features two new nutrient-packed ingredients: roasted cauliflower topping and our kale pesto sauce.
A few fast facts about cauliflower and kale:
- Cauliflower and kale are both members of the cruciferous, or cabbage, family of vegetables
- Studies show a link between eating cruciferous vegetables and protection against cancer
- Studies show that these vegetables can help detoxify the body
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of immunity-boosting Vitamin C; 1/2 cup of cauliflower = 80% of daily recommended Vitamin C value
- Kale has the most Vitamin A among all Cruciferous vegetables
“Our new Seasonal Special pizza is both healthy and hearty, the perfect combination to help our fans power through the mid-winter season,” said Nicholas Eckerman, co-founder and co-CEO of PizzaRev. “The process of lightly seasoning and roasting cauliflower brings out a natural sweetness that entirely transforms its flavor. We wouldn’t be surprised if this pizza becomes a guest favorite!”
So what’s in the Cauliflower Power?
The Cauliflower Power pizza features Kale Pesto sauce (made with Kale, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and Romano cheese), freshly shredded mozzarella, goat cheese, red onions, cherry tomatoes and cauliflower roasted with olive oil and crushed red pepper. Try the new Seasonal pizza on any of our dough options: Signature Thin, Double Dough, or gluten-free. And don’t forget to check out our nutrition calculator to learn more about the pizza’s nutritional value.
Have you tried the new Cauliflower Power pizza? Let us know what you think!